Kelly Abernethy LMSW
Therapist - LMSW - Individuals / Couples
PSYCHOTHERAPIST, WELLNESS COACH AND PERSONAL TRAINER
9/12 – 9/19
KBlueFit Wellness Coaching and Personal Training, Kittery, ME
Engaged individuals and couples in insight oriented and behavioral talk therapy, often around issues related to their health, lifestyle and body image
• Successfully supported clients in shifting their mindset and making positive behavioral change
• Coached individual and groups in highly engaging and results driven sessions
• Passionately participated in community education and advocacy
• Used strength and other movement practices as well as coaching to help clients increase motivation, sense of empowerment and wellness, including reduction of symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Counseling Services Inc, Kittery, ME, 1/9 – 8/12
Provided evidence based individual and family therapy in an outpatient setting.
• Demonstrated a high level of client engagement and retention
• Connected positively with clients at all developmental stages
• Collaborated successfully with families and other service providers • Selected as federal probation liaison clinician.
CO-FOUNDER AND CLINICAL DIRECTOR MATERNAL WELLNESS CENTER
Philadelphia, PA, 8/04-4/08
Co-founded a non-profit to address the needs of new mothers and their families
• Provided engaging educational programming to community
• Participated in successful fundraising effort
• Provided individual, couples and family therapy to diverse populations utilizing multiple therapeutic approaches.
Call For An Appointment Today
We are more than happy to advice you on which counseling is most suitable for your needs, depending on your issues. Ask us to review your issues and we will discuss possible solutions. Our advice is free!
Contact Us Today!
MSW, UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
BA, SOCIOLOGY, INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
Certified Mind BodyEating Psychology Coach, IPE,
Certified Personal Trainer and nutrition coach, NPTI, Diploma
Understanding that the teenage years and adolescence can be hard. It’s difficult to deal with all the changes. Changes in your body, in self-identity, relationships, etc. The pressure to perform. Emerging feelings of sexuality.
We will help you restore the close emotional connections that you want and long for. You will learn to recognize the dance of communication that keeps you distant from your partner. You can save your relationship. More Relationships End Than Need Too.
Get the happiness you want and deserve. We’re guided by the belief that the ultimate goal of your life is to be happy. We strive to help you transform. Helping you with the issues that you are facing & helping you get unstuck.
TCG Child & Family Institute counseling therapy was started because often times, entire families need support while trying to communicate, learn, and create boundaries.
Infertility changes you. Physically, emotionally, socially, martially and financially. The experience is filled with stress. Who & how much to tell? How to cope with the fertile world? Knowing how to communicate with loved ones & health care providers? How to juggle treatment, personal life and, above all, how to bear the interminable waiting?
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a psychotherapy that helps people heal from the symptoms and emotional distress resulting from disturbing life experiences. Few psychological treatments have been as widely heralded as EMDR.
Hypnotherapy (hypnosis) is the use of intense concentration & focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness. The hypnotic state allows you to explore painful thoughts, feelings, and memories that might have been otherwise hidden from your conscious mind due to the brain’s defense mechanisms.
Assessment consists of a Clinical face-to-face, in-person interview and collateral interviews with significant others. A psychosocial history is obtained to include presenting problem, including a discussion of pertinent and detailed information describing contributing factors, incidents and issues that precipitated assessment.