Kelly Abernethy LMSW
Therapist - LMSW - Individuals / Couples
PSYCHOTHERAPIST, WELLNESS COACH AND PERSONAL TRAINER
9/12 – 9/19
KBlueFit Wellness Coaching and Personal Training, Kittery, ME
Engaged individuals and couples in insight oriented and behavioral talk therapy, often around issues related to their health, lifestyle and body image
• Successfully supported clients in shifting their mindset and making positive behavioral change
• Coached individual and groups in highly engaging and results driven sessions
• Passionately participated in community education and advocacy
• Used strength and other movement practices as well as coaching to help clients increase motivation, sense of empowerment and wellness, including reduction of symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Counseling Services Inc, Kittery, ME, 1/9 – 8/12
Provided evidence based individual and family therapy in an outpatient setting.
• Demonstrated a high level of client engagement and retention
• Connected positively with clients at all developmental stages
• Collaborated successfully with families and other service providers • Selected as federal probation liaison clinician.
CO-FOUNDER AND CLINICAL DIRECTOR MATERNAL WELLNESS CENTER
Philadelphia, PA, 8/04-4/08
Co-founded a non-profit to address the needs of new mothers and their families
• Provided engaging educational programming to community
• Participated in successful fundraising effort
• Provided individual, couples and family therapy to diverse populations utilizing multiple therapeutic approaches.
Call For An Appointment Today
We are more than happy to advice you on which counseling is most suitable for your needs, depending on your issues. Ask us to review your issues and we will discuss possible solutions. Our advice is free!