Harriette Ferguson LCSW-R
Therapist - LCSW-R - Infertility Expert / Individual / Couples / Author / Presenter
Therapist / Clinical Director / Owner
Transformations Counseling Group LCSW PLLC
October 2013- present Co-director
- Formed a group practice and supervise experienced therapists specializing in individual and group counseling to adolescents (including gay and lesbian youth), families, couples who want to build loving and lasting relationships, geriatric counseling for those living into their later years and those who are experiencing infertility. Transformations also offers mindfulness training, including workshops for those that are struggling with increased stress at work or in their home.
- Group Supervision for therapists in private practice who treat individuals and couples. Work closely with other professionals including psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians, lawyers and other legal and mental health professionals.
Psychotherapist and Consultant
- Provide individual, couple and group psychotherapy to individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, family relations issues and infertility
- Provide psycho/social assessments for reproductive endocrinologists in Tri state area for patients entering into an assisted reproductive medicine treatment including third party reproduction; donor gametes, gestational carriers and surrogates.
- Provide home studies for potential adoptive parents
- Develop and conduct workshops for patients experiencing infertility
- Lead support groups for women and couples coping with the emotional aspects of both primary and secondary infertility
- Train health care professionals on the emotional aspects of infertility including SUNY Stony Brook Department of Nursing, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, Northwell Hospital, Reproductive Specialists of New York, Long Island In Vitro Fertilization Program, Island Fertility, Reproductive Science Institutes of Philadelphia, Genesis Fertility
- Developed Co-Developed Wellness Center Northwell Dept of Human Reproduction 2012-current
Experiencing Infertility (WW Norton, 2000) co author of a book for consumers and professionals on the emotional aspects of infertility was #1 on amazon best sellers for infertilty for @ 3 years
Cuando El Hijo Deseado No Llega- Javier Vergara Editor 2001. Spanish version of Experiencing Infertility
Articles appeared in Child Magazine, Men’s Health, Parenting, Conceive, Redbook, Newsday,
Call For An Appointment Today
We are more than happy to advice you on which counseling is most suitable for your needs, depending on your issues. Ask us to review your issues and we will discuss possible solutions. Our advice is free!
Contact Us Today!
Master’s In social work
State University of New York at Stony Brook
Bacheloe’s In social work
State University of New York College at Brockport
AA liberal arts
Tompkins-Cortland Community College
American Society of Reproductive Medicine-Nominated
Member of Education Committee for the Mental Health Professional Group of ASRM
Chairperson Education Committee
Get the happiness you want and deserve. We’re guided by the belief that the ultimate goal of your life is to be happy. We strive to help you transform. Helping you with the issues that you are facing & helping you get unstuck.
TCG Child & Family Institute counseling therapy was started because often times, entire families need support while trying to communicate, learn, and create boundaries.
Understanding that the teenage years and adolescence can be hard. It’s difficult to deal with all the changes. Changes in your body, in self-identity, relationships, etc. The pressure to perform. Emerging feelings of sexuality.
We will help you restore the close emotional connections that you want and long for. You will learn to recognize the dance of communication that keeps you distant from your partner. You can save your relationship. More Relationships End Than Need Too.
Infertility changes you. Physically, emotionally, socially, martially and financially. The experience is filled with stress. Who & how much to tell? How to cope with the fertile world? Knowing how to communicate with loved ones & health care providers? How to juggle treatment, personal life and, above all, how to bear the interminable waiting?
Hypnotherapy (hypnosis) is the use of intense concentration & focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness. The hypnotic state allows you to explore painful thoughts, feelings, and memories that might have been otherwise hidden from your conscious mind due to the brain’s defense mechanisms.
This is a very difficult time for everyone. Especially those with preexisting anxiety or trauma. Even those without a history of anxiety, depression or trauma can start experience the effects of the current health crisis because of all the unknowns. How long will this last? When will my life get back to normal?
Assessment consists of a Clinical face-to-face, in-person interview and collateral interviews with significant others. A psychosocial history is obtained to include presenting problem, including a discussion of pertinent and detailed information describing contributing factors, incidents and issues that precipitated assessment.