Harriette Ferguson LCSW-R
Therapist - LCSW-R - Infertility Expert / Individual / Couples / Author / Presenter
Therapist / Clinical Director / Owner
Transformations Counseling Group LCSW PLLC
October 2013- present Co-director
- Formed a group practice and supervise experienced therapists specializing in individual and group counseling to adolescents (including gay and lesbian youth), families, couples who want to build loving and lasting relationships, geriatric counseling for those living into their later years and those who are experiencing infertility. Transformations also offers mindfulness training, including workshops for those that are struggling with increased stress at work or in their home.
- Group Supervision for therapists in private practice who treat individuals and couples. Work closely with other professionals including psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians, lawyers and other legal and mental health professionals.
Psychotherapist and Consultant
- Provide individual, couple and group psychotherapy to individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, family relations issues and infertility
- Provide psycho/social assessments for reproductive endocrinologists in Tri state area for patients entering into an assisted reproductive medicine treatment including third party reproduction; donor gametes, gestational carriers and surrogates.
- Provide home studies for potential adoptive parents
- Develop and conduct workshops for patients experiencing infertility
- Lead support groups for women and couples coping with the emotional aspects of both primary and secondary infertility
- Train health care professionals on the emotional aspects of infertility including SUNY Stony Brook Department of Nursing, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, Northwell Hospital, Reproductive Specialists of New York, Long Island In Vitro Fertilization Program, Island Fertility, Reproductive Science Institutes of Philadelphia, Genesis Fertility
- Developed Co-Developed Wellness Center Northwell Dept of Human Reproduction 2012-current
Experiencing Infertility (WW Norton, 2000) co author of a book for consumers and professionals on the emotional aspects of infertility was #1 on amazon best sellers for infertilty for @ 3 years
Cuando El Hijo Deseado No Llega- Javier Vergara Editor 2001. Spanish version of Experiencing Infertility
Articles appeared in Child Magazine, Men’s Health, Parenting, Conceive, Redbook, Newsday,
Call For An Appointment Today
We are more than happy to advice you on which counseling is most suitable for your needs, depending on your issues. Ask us to review your issues and we will discuss possible solutions. Our advice is free!
Contact Us Today!
Master’s In social work
State University of New York at Stony Brook
Bacheloe’s In social work
State University of New York College at Brockport
AA liberal arts
Tompkins-Cortland Community College
American Society of Reproductive Medicine-Nominated
Member of Education Committee for the Mental Health Professional Group of ASRM
Chairperson Education Committee