Devin Ward MHC
Therapist - MHC - Individuals / Couples / Teen & Adolescents / Women's Issue Specialist / Bilingual English-Spanish
Mental Health Counselor (limited permit holder)
Butterfly LCSW, PC – Bay Shore, NY
October 2018 to 2018
- Individual and family therapy to adults and children
Assistant Director of Behavior Supports
Family Residences and Essential Enterprises – Old Bethpage, NY
February 2015 to July 2017
- Clinical supervisor
Behavior Intervention Specialist
Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc.
January 2013 to February 2015
- Psychological and behavioral support to individuals in OPWDD Certified Residences.
- Individual and group counseling; family counseling; crisis intervention; social skills training; data collection and interpretation; administration of psychological assessments
Mental Health Counseling Intern/Intake Counselor
Blue Bonnet Trails Community Services – Round Rock, TX
August 2011 to May 2012
- Case manager: assessed potential clients for mental health service clinical interviews, substance abuse and mental health screenings; crisis intervention, intake interviews, developed treatment plans
Mount Sinai School of Medicine – New York, NY
June 2009 to August 2010
- Monitored and executed research protocols for the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center: conducted the recruitment, screening, and enrollment of veteran participants; administered neuropsychological testing batteries; prepared Institutional Review Board submissions; compiled case studies for diagnosis by consensus; performed data collection and entry with the use of SPSS.
St. John’s University – Jamaica, NY
May 2008 to June 2009
- Assisted in the implementation and monitoring of research protocols for an on-campus study which aimed to determine the effect of perceived racial bias on stress level; recruited, screened, and tracked study participants; performed data collection/entry tasks.
Young Adult Institute/National Institute for People with Disabilities – Kew Gardens, NY
April 2008 to August 2008
- Case manager
- Assisted staff psychologist with the implementation of behavior support plans; conducted individual and group training in independent living skills
Call For An Appointment Today
We are more than happy to advise you on which counseling is most suitable for your needs, depending on your issues. Ask us to review your issues and we will discuss possible solutions.
Contact Us Today!
Master of Science in Counseling Psychology
Texas A&M University – Killeen, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
St. John’s University – New York, NY
Get the happiness you want and deserve. We’re guided by the belief that the ultimate goal of your life is to be happy. We strive to help you transform. Helping you with the issues that you are facing & helping you get unstuck.
TCG Child & Family Institute counseling therapy was started because often times, entire families need support while trying to communicate, learn, and create boundaries.
Understanding that the teenage years and adolescence can be hard. It’s difficult to deal with all the changes. Changes in your body, in self-identity, relationships, etc. The pressure to perform. Emerging feelings of sexuality.
We will help you restore the close emotional connections that you want and long for. You will learn to recognize the dance of communication that keeps you distant from your partner. You can save your relationship. More Relationships End Than Need Too.
Infertility changes you. Physically, emotionally, socially, martially and financially. The experience is filled with stress. Who & how much to tell? How to cope with the fertile world? Knowing how to communicate with loved ones & health care providers? How to juggle treatment, personal life and, above all, how to bear the interminable waiting?
Hypnotherapy (hypnosis) is the use of intense concentration & focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness. The hypnotic state allows you to explore painful thoughts, feelings, and memories that might have been otherwise hidden from your conscious mind due to the brain’s defense mechanisms.
This is a very difficult time for everyone. Especially those with preexisting anxiety or trauma. Even those without a history of anxiety, depression or trauma can start experience the effects of the current health crisis because of all the unknowns. How long will this last? When will my life get back to normal?
Assessment consists of a Clinical face-to-face, in-person interview and collateral interviews with significant others. A psychosocial history is obtained to include presenting problem, including a discussion of pertinent and detailed information describing contributing factors, incidents and issues that precipitated assessment.