Hypnotherapy (hypnosis) is the use of intense concentration, and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness. Sometimes referred to as a trance. In this naturally occurring state, you can focus your attention on specific thoughts or tasks.
Hypnosis is considered an aid to psychotherapy (counseling or therapy). In the hypnotic state you can to explore painful thoughts, feelings, and memories. These negative experiences might have been hidden from your conscious minds. This is due to the brains defense mechanisms. In addition, hypnosis can helps you to perceive some things differently. Like blocking an awareness of pain.
Hypnotherapy uses this relaxed state to explore possible psychological root cause of a disorder or symptom. Such as traumatic past event or painful negative experiences. Subsequently resulting in integration of these past experience to help promote healing.
Finally, the hypnotic state allows you to be more open to discussion and suggestion
it helps in other treatments like..
Grief and loss
sadness and loniless
Hypnosis has been studied for other conditions, including:
HYPNOTHERAPY- WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- First you will be told the process of hypnosis. Including reviewing your treatment goals. Then you will be guided by talk and descriptive imagery to create a sense of relaxation, security and well-being.
- Next, when you’re relaxed and in a receptive state, suggestion will be made for ways for you to achieve your goals. You may also be helped through visualizing vivid, meaningful mental images of yourself accomplishing your goals.
- Finally, when the session is over, you will either bring yourself out of hypnosis or your therapist will help you end your state of relaxation.
- Contrary to how hypnosis is sometimes portrayed in movies or on television, you don’t lose control over your behavior while under hypnosis. Also, you generally remain aware of and remember what happens during hypnosis.
- You may eventually be able to practice self-hypnosis. This is where you induce a state of hypnosis in yourself. You can use this skill as needed — for instance, after a chemotherapy session.
Call For An Appointment Today
At Hypnotherapy, we are more than happy to advise you on which counseling is most suitable for your needs, depending on your issues. Ask us to review your issues and we will discuss possible solutions.
SERVICES WE OFFER
Get the happiness you want and deserve. We’re guided by the belief that the ultimate goal of your life is to be happy. We strive to help you transform. Helping you with the issues that you are facing & helping you get unstuck.
TCG Child & Family Institute counseling therapy was started because often times, entire families need support while trying to communicate, learn, and create boundaries.
Understanding that the teenage years and adolescence can be hard. It’s difficult to deal with all the changes. Changes in your body, in self-identity, relationships, etc. The pressure to perform. Emerging feelings of sexuality.